HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX
08- 11 November 2021
From: Race Director
To: All Drivers
Document: Driver's Briefing
1. Matters arising from the British Grand Prix
- Drivers continuing to "ready up" prior to being informed by the league admin(s).
- Drivers becoming a hazard on circuit on their attempt to enter the pit-lane.
- Drivers are reminded to leave other drivers a car width of space when going wheel to wheel on track, particularly at the corner apex. Drivers are not adjusting their entry when there are competitors alongside.
2. Changes to the Circuit
- The pit-entry has been reconfigured, resurfaced and is now on the right side at Turn 14.
- The safety car 1 line has been moved as a result of the pit-entry being reconfigured.
- The pit-exit has been reconfigured, widened and extended towards Turn 1.
- The track has been resurfaced at Turn 1, Turn 3 through to Turn 7, small section at Turn 8.5, Turns 8 and 9, Turn 9.5 through to Turn 11.5, Turn 12, Turn 14 through to 15.
- A short qualifying session (18 minutes) will determine the starting order for the French Grand Prix.
- The Realistic Performance Leagues (PS/Xbox) will return to determining the starting grid order with a qualifying session.
- No driver is to drive unnecessarily slowly during "in or out" laps throughout qualifying, and must proceed at a safe and reasonable pace.
- Drivers on an "in or out" lap must not block or impede drivers on a qualifying lap, they must stay off the racing line when practical and ensure they give themselves sufficient time to clear the corner when a faster driver is approaching.
- Drivers must ensure they leave themselves sufficient space on track when preparing for a qualifying lap.
- Drivers who are on a qualifying lap are not required to yield track position to a faster driver approaching from behind.
- All drivers must retire from the qualifying session while entering the pit-lane, or while in their garage. No driver is to retire while on track.
- Drivers are not permitted to exit the pitlane at the end of the qualifying session unless they have sufficient time to complete their outlap without the need to cut sections of the track to make it to the start/finish line to begin a qualifying lap. Drivers who leave the pitlane with insufficient time remaining in the session will be investigated by the stewards; particularly if you affect drivers on a qualifying lap.
- For guidelines on safe retirement, refer to section 9.
4. Tyre Allocation & Mandatory Race Tyres
- The following tyre compounds will be used for the French Grand Prix.
- Drivers must use a minimum of one set of the designated mandatory tyre compounds.
- Drivers must use two of the three available dry tyre compounds during the race event.
- If weather conditions require a driver to use a wet tyre compound, then they are not required to use two different dry tyre compounds during the race event.
5. Race Event
- The race will consist of 27 laps.
- The race will commence after a Formation Lap.
- Drivers will be required to complete a minimum of one mandatory pit-stop, unless weather conditions require the use of the "wet weather" compounds then drivers are not required to complete a pit-stop.
- Stewards will pay particular attention to driving standards, track limits, returning to the race track and pit-entry and exit.
- Stewards will pay particular attention at pit-entry.
- Drivers who are found to present a risk at the race start to other competitors will be investigated after the race.
- Drivers must complete 90% race distance to be classified in the race results.
- For guidelines on safe retirement, refer to section 9.
6. Lines/Bollards at Pit Entry & Pit Exit
- At pit-exit, drivers must keep to the left of the solid white line when leaving the pits. No part of any car leaving the pits may cross this line.
- On pit-entry, for safety reasons, drivers must keep to the right of the bollard.
7. Track Limits
- Turns 1 and 2, any driver who fails to negotiate Turn 2 by using the track, and who passes completely to the right of the first fluorescent yellow bollard on the apex of the corner (image 1), must keep completely to the right of the fluorescent yellow bollard and re-join the track by driving through the two arrays of blocks in the run off by passing to the right of the first and to the left of the second.
- Turns 3 to 5, any driver who fails to negotiate Turn 4 by using the track, and who passes completely to the left of the fluorescent yellow bollard on the apex of the corner (image 2), must keep completely to the left of the fluorescent yellow bollard and re-join the track by driving to the left of the the block in the run off prior to Turn 5.
- Turns 8 and 9, any driver going straight on at turn 8 must re-join the track by driving through the four arrays of blocks in the escape road, to the left of the first, to the right of the second, to the left of the third and to the right of the fourth (image 3).
- The above requirements will not automatically apply to any driver who is judged to have been forced off the track, each such case will be judged individually.
- In all cases detailed above, the driver must only re-join the track when it is safe to do so and without gaining a lasting advantage.
8. Lapping During the Race
- Drivers who are caught by another car about to lap them must allow the driver on the lead lap past at the first available opportunity, avoiding hindering or blocking the passing driver unnecessarily. Blue flags will be waved, signaling that a faster driver is approaching and is looking to overtake. Drivers who are a lap down (backmarkers) must yield position and allow the lead drivers to pass.
- Drivers who have unnecessarily hindered the leaders will receive a penalty from the stewards in accordance of Regulation 220.127.116.11.
9. Retiring from Qualifying & Race Event
- Drivers who wish to retire from the qualifying session or race event must do so according to Regulation 3.5.9.
- Drivers are to proceed safely to the pit-lane, avoiding the racing line when possible.
- Avoid hindering or blocking other drivers on track, or force them into avoiding action.
- Ensure you have sufficient time and space to clear corner and apexes.
- Drivers intending to retire may have to pull off to the side of the circuit if necessary, giving way to other drivers.
- When crossing the pit-entry line, retire from the session.