ITALIAN GRAND PRIX
22 - 25 November 2021
From: Race Director
To: All Drivers
Document: Driver's Briefing
1. Matters arising from the Chinese Grand Prix
- Drivers continuing to "ready up" before being informed by league admin(s).
2. Changes to the Circuit
- A new asphalt road has been installed in the run-off area of Turn 1.
- Turn 8, exit kerb has been extended by 9.6m and the gravel run off area has also increased in this area.
- Turn 12, gravel run-off area has been extended and additional TecPro barrier has been added in the straight ahead part of the corner.
- Turn 15 exit, metallic kerb has been extended until the start of the white line at pit lane entry.
- A short qualifying session (18 minutes) will determine the starting order for the Spanish Grand Prix.
- The Realistic Performance Leagues (PS/Xbox) will return to determining the starting grid order with a qualifying session.
- No driver is to drive unnecessarily slowly during "in or out" laps throughout qualifying, and must proceed at a safe and reasonable pace.
- Drivers on an "in or out" lap must not block or impede drivers on a qualifying lap, they must stay off the racing line when practical and ensure they give themselves sufficient time to clear the corner when a faster driver is approaching.
- Drivers must ensure they leave themselves sufficient space on track when preparing for a qualifying lap.
- Drivers who are on a qualifying lap are not required to yield track position to a faster driver approaching from behind.
- All drivers must retire from the qualifying session while entering the pit-lane, or while in their garage. No driver is to retire while on track.
- Drivers are not permitted to exit the pitlane at the end of the qualifying session unless they have sufficient time to complete their outlap without the need to cut sections of the track to make it to the start/finish line to begin a qualifying lap. Drivers who leave the pitlane with insufficient time remaining in the session will be investigated by the stewards; particularly if you affect drivers on a qualifying lap.
- For guidelines on safe retirement, refer to section 9.
4. Tyre Allocation & Mandatory Race Tyres
- The following tyre compounds will be used for the Spanish Grand Prix.
- Drivers must use a minimum of one set of the designated mandatory tyre compounds.
- Drivers must use two of the three available dry tyre compounds during the race event.
- If weather conditions require a driver to use a wet tyre compound, then they are not required to use two different dry tyre compounds during the race event.
5. Race Event
- The race will consist of 33 laps.
- The race will commence after a Formation Lap.
- Drivers will be required to complete a minimum of one mandatory pit-stop, unless weather conditions require the use of the "wet weather" compounds then drivers are not required to complete a pit-stop.
- Stewards will pay particular attention to driving standards, track limits, returning to the race track and pit-entry and exit.
- Stewards will pay particular attention at pit-entry.
- Drivers who are found to present a risk at the race start to other competitors will be investigated after the race.
- Drivers must complete 90% race distance to be classified in the race results.
- For guidelines on safe retirement, refer to section 9.
6. Lines/Bollards at Pit Entry & Pit Exit
- Drivers must keep to the right of the solid white line at the pit exit when leaving the pits. No part of any car leaving the pits may cross this line.
- For safety reasons drivers must keep to the right of the bollard the pit entry when they are entering the pits.
- Except in the cases of force majeure (accepted as such by the Stewards), the crossing by any part of the car, in any direction, of the chevron between the pit entry and the track, by a driver who, in the opinion of the Stewards, had committed to entering the pit lane is prohibited.
- The dotted white line across the pit exit is the track edge.
7. Track Limits
- Drivers must adhere to the track limits at all times which are defined by the solid white line as per Regulation 3.4 CORNER CUTTING.
- Turns 1 and 2 (run-off area), each time any car fails to negotiate Turn 2 by using the track, and who passes either over one of the speed bumps across the run-off area, or between them, or to the left of the yellow apex sausage at Turn 2, must then re-join the track by driving to the left of the two bollards located before the entry to Turn 3.
- Turn 13 -Turn 15 (old circuit) drivers failing to negotiate Turn 13, 14 and 15 by remaining on the track, and opt to use the run-off area of the old circuit as an alternative, will be investigated by the stewards after the race. Drivers are only permitted to use the run-off area if forced to do so either by another driver, or to avoid incidents on track. Drivers who choose to use the run-off area must negate any advantage gained and must rejoin the circuit only when safe to do so.
- In all cases detailed above, the driver must only re-join the track when it is safe to do so and without gaining a lasting advantage.
- The above requirements will not automatically apply to any driver who is judged to have been forced off the track, each such case will be judged individually.
8. Lapping During the Race
- Drivers who are caught by another car about to lap them must allow the driver on the lead lap past at the first available opportunity, avoiding hindering or blocking the passing driver unnecessarily. Blue flags will be waved, signaling that a faster driver is approaching and is looking to overtake. Drivers who are a lap down (backmarkers) must yield position and allow the lead drivers to pass.
- Drivers who have unnecessarily hindered the leaders will receive a penalty from the stewards in accordance of Regulation 18.104.22.168.
9. Retiring from Qualifying & Race Event
- Drivers who wish to retire from the qualifying session or race event must do so according to Regulation 3.5.9.
- Drivers are to proceed safely to the pit-lane, avoiding the racing line when possible.
- Avoid hindering or blocking other drivers on track, or force them into avoiding action.
- Ensure you have sufficient time and space to clear corner and apexes.
- Drivers intending to retire may have to pull off to the side of the circuit if necessary, giving way to other drivers.
- When crossing the pit-entry line, retire from the session.